Sunday’s Spiritual Training was a major blessing. Leon Hendricks (who is also a new dad btw) presented his second and final part to the Righteousness by Faith series. We were able to see just what Christ did for us by the way He lived and His death on the cross.
Some things we learnt:
- Christ lived a righteous life so we could live a righteous life.
- It’s possible to overcome all sin through Christ.
- We are justified when we accept Christ as our Saviour.
- Sanctification comes next and prepares us for Heaven.
- Jesus can keep us from falling into temptation. As usual the AMEN study was characterized by lots of verses, good examples and good interaction from the attendees.
But wait, there’s more…
THE AMEN COOK-OFF!
Instead of a normal cooking demonstration the Health Team organised a class with a difference. The attendees were split into groups and given some healthy, affordable ingredients. The goal was to come up with a creative meal that anyone could prepare at home. Some of the food we had was amazing and others needed more work… Like, a lot more work. 🙂
Among the awesome meals were, fruit kebabs, nuts and oats breakfast, spicy rice and tomato lentils (that were burnt… twice!). It’s amazing what people were able to conjure up when points were at stake. Everyone had a good time and learnt quite a bit in the process.
A big thank you to Leon, the Health Team and to all those who attended.