Truths for us
The mention of “health” sparks our ears with interest. Why? We desire health. It’s God’s will for us. “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”
In June 1863, Ellen White (the most translated woman writer in the entire history of literature, and the most translated American author of either gender, received a vision with reference to God’s provisions in the Garden of Eden; including the relationship of diet and disease, and the simple methods in combating poor health. “I saw that now we should take special care of the health God has given us, for our work was not yet done” and that “Satan was preserving in his efforts to destroy our usefulness.” This vision, through the eyes of health, finds applicability in our lives now.
Times about us
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) experts observed in 2003 a lower incidence of cancer in populations that consumed large amounts of fruits and vegetables. On October 26 2015, the World Health Organization produced a report: “Processed meat causes cancer.” According to the American Cancer Society, about 1.7 million new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed in 2018 in America alone. Statistics change, but God’s Word remains powerful for our admonition.
Testimony from us
In March 2018, my husband Joe and I left the shores of South Africa for South East Asia. As medical missionaries we researched on the new foods we’d find. Our prayerful search for a house culminated by God’s perfect answer; a landlady owning hundreds of hecatres of organic produce. She has faithfully delivered organic fruits and vegetables to our home twice weekly as she promised. We’re looking forward to organizing more cooking classes with our neighborhood, in our home.
Tidbits to us
- FRAMES OF GOD: Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit: “He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.”
- FOCUS: Study the Word; know our history; our human physiology.
- FINANCE WISELY: Replace your Ranch Dressing a home-made one. Avoid processed juices; eat whole fruits, nuts, grains, vegetables, seeds.
- FEAR NOT: In Cape Town, my husband Joe and I organized Cooking Classes at our home with the neighborhood. “God gives opportunities, success depends on our use of them.” Do not be afraid. Share the message.
- FAITH IT UP: Pray for godly insights in your kitchen.
Live soberly, righteously, and godly IN MY GENERATION (IMG).
Look for the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
 3 John 2
 Ellen White, Ms. 1, 1863.
 Psalm 103:14.
 avocado, himalayan salt, lemon and olive oil dressing.
 Titus 2